Reviewed Thursday 28 April 2022
We are maintaining hygiene and COVID-safe measures
SportsCare Canberra clinics have operated throughout the pandemic and ACT lockdowns as an essential service.
Despite some restrictions easing in the ACT, we are maintaining our hygiene and COVID-safe measures across clinics to help protect our clients, staff, and community because of the nature of our work. This includes in-clinic measures for our staff and our clients when they visit a SportsCare clinic.
We are open and vaccinated to help keep our community safe and healthy.
What we are doing in the clinics to help keep our community safe
- All eligible staff across all our clinics are vaccinated.
- Screening all clients prior to booking appointments.
- Using PPE, including gloves, masks, and other equipment as needed.
- Disinfecting any contact surfaces or equipment between appointments.
- Using an air purifier at each clinic as another measure against the virus.
- Some group classes are online, while there are 30-minute one-on-one sessions for those who need them. Please contact your clinic for group class updates.
- Telehealth consultation options for high-risk patients, those in quarantine or isolation, and people who would prefer to stay home.
- Social distancing provisions in our waiting rooms where possible.
What we are asking our clients to do:
- Wear a mask inside SportsCare Canberra clinics, including during your appointment. This will continue until otherwise advised, masks are available in-clinic if you forget to bring your own.
- Use the hand sanitiser available throughout your visit to maintain good hand hygiene.
- Practise social distancing rules where possible (1.5m apart).
- Contact your clinic for updates to group classes as some are online and some essential classes are now 30 minute one-on-one sessions for those who need them.
- Do not attend if you:
- Feel unwell;
- Are waiting for a COVID test result;
- Are in self-isolation;
- Live with or were exposed to someone who tested positive and is isolating; or
- Tested positive for COVID-19 and have not yet fully recovered.
- Please contact your clinic as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. Telehealth appointments are available across clinics.
We are encouraging our community to stay healthy during lockdown with regular physical activity, adhering to COVID-19 restrictions and regulations, getting vaccinated if you’re eligible, and receiving treatment at our clinics as needed.
Don’t delay treatment, early intervention is best for better and faster outcomes and our clinics are open as an essential service.
Refer to current COVID-19 information from the ACT Government.