Updated Monday 18 November 2021
We are maintaining hygiene and COVID-safe measures
SportsCare and Physiotherapy clinics (including Hands-On Physiotherapy in Mawson) have operated throughout the ACT lockdown as an essential service.
Restrictions in the ACT starting easing in October 2021, but we will continue our hygiene and COVID-safe measures across clinics to help protect our clients, staff, and community because of the nature of our work. This includes in-clinic measures for our staff and our clients when they visit a SportsCare clinic.
We are open and vaccinated to help keep our community safe and healthy.
What we are doing in the clinics to help keep our community safe
- All eligible staff across all our clinics are vaccinated.
- Screening all clients prior to booking appointments.
- Using PPE, including gloves, masks, and other equipment as needed.
- Disinfecting any contact surfaces or equipment between appointments.
- Managing appointment times closely to minimise client overlap.
- Ensuring all clients wash or sanitise their hands prior to consultation.
- Some group classes are online, while there are 30-minute one-on-one sessions for those who need them. Please contact your clinic for group class updates.
- Telehealth consultation options for high-risk patients, those in quarantine, and people who would prefer to stay home.
- Appropriate social distancing provisions in our waiting rooms.
- Mandatory check in via the CBR Check In app or manually for all clients.
What we are asking our clients to do:
- Check In with the CBR Check In app or manually at reception for contact tracing.
- Wear a mask in public spaces and inside SportsCare and Physiotherapy clinics, including during your appointment. This will continue until otherwise advised, masks are available in-clinic if you forget to bring your own.
- Use the hand sanitiser available throughout your visit to maintain good hand hygiene.
- Practise social distancing rules where possible (1.5m apart).
- Contact your clinic for updates to group classes as some are online and some essential classes are now 30 minute one-on-one sessions for those who need them.
- Do not attend if you:
- Feel unwell;
- Are waiting for a COVID test result;
- Visited an exposure site listed by ACT Government;
- Are in self-isolation; or
- Tested positive for COVID-19 and have not yet fully recovered.
We are encouraging our community to stay healthy during lockdown with regular physical activity, adhering to COVID-19 restrictions and regulations, getting vaccinated if you’re eligible, and receiving treatment at our clinics as needed.
Don’t delay treatment, early intervention is best for better and faster outcomes and our clinics are open as an essential service.